"Ye shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves; and ye shall certainly hear much that will grieve you, from those who recieved the Book before you and from those who worship many gods. But if ye persevere patiently, and guard against evil- then that will be a determining factor in all affairs." Quran Al-Imran 3:186



Monday, August 6, 2012

Here I Am




by: Zahirah Elsayed




Prostrating in the quiet dark I’m finally able to exhale the day’s events. With a deep sigh I release all the tension, stress, worries and struggles. I close my eyes and turn to Al- Wakil, (the ultimate trustee, the disposer of affairs) handing over my burdens with relief and confidence in Ar-Razzarq (the provider). As my forehead rests on the floor like a child’s resting on her mother’s lap, I seek refuge in Ar-Rauf (the most kind). My heart overflows with gratefulness and love to Ar-Rashid (the guide) for uncovering my eyes, softening my heart, revealing the truth of His religion, and for placing me on the straight path. Allahu Akbar! Tears stream down my face as I repent to Al-Gaffar (the forgiver). My life and my world belongs to Ar-Rahman (the compassionate), Ar-Rahim (the merciful).

No comments:

Post a Comment